Spectis two standard sizes of trellis, the 10' x 10' and the 10' x 20' trellis, incorporate pre-notched beams and crosses for easy onsite assembly. Before beginning, make sure you have all the necessary components as listed below:
- 10' x 10' Trellis Contains:
- 2 - 10' Upper Main Beams with end caps, 3" x 9"
- 2 - 10' lower Main Beams with end caps, 3" x 9"
- 7 - 10' Cross Beams with end caps, 3" x 6"
- 10' x 20' Trellis Contains:
- 2 - 10' Upper Main Beams with end caps, 4" x 10"
- 2 - 20' Lower Main Beams with end caps, 4" x 10"
- 17 - 10' Cross Beams with end caps, 3" x 6"
- Start the installation by apply PL Premium Construction adhesive to the notched areas of the lower main beams and set them on top of the existing vertical supports.
- Index the upper main beams into the notches of the lowers.
- Square the entire main beam assembly and secure to the supporting columns.* (Use plated fasteners and brackets if necessary)
- Measure and mark the location of the cross beams.
- Apply PL Premium adhesive to the notched on the Cross Beams.
- Install cross beams on marks made in step #4.
- Secure Cross beams to main beams using 4" plated wood deck screws.
- Complete the installation by caulking all notch areas and painting as outlined in the Finishing Section.
* Spectis' Load bearing columns can be used as supporting members. They are supplied with the necessary hardware to install for trellis applications.